- What are you currently reading? I'm about to start reading Brian Jacques' Mossflower for the Goodreads College Students Spring/Summer Challenge! I loved the Redwall series when I was younger, and I can't wait to reread this classic.
- What did you recently finish reading? I just finished Suzanne Collins' Catching Fire, which was unbelievable. This trilogy is absolutely amazing, and I can't wait until Mockingjay comes out in August! I also just recently finished rereading both Linda Howard's Duncan's Bride and John Steinbeck's East of Eden, both of which are phenomenal books in their own way.
- What do you think you'll read next? After I finish Mossflower, I'll probably start reading Dana Haynes' Crashers, an ARC I received on Goodreads that I will be reviewing here at Spine Creases!
How about you? What are you reading lately? Post a link to your blog in the comments, or just list them!
The second meme of the day is a non-book related one...
Basically you list your New Year's resolutions, and then every Wednesday you check in to see how you've progressed. Click here for more details on how it works!
My New Year's resolutions this year were pretty simple:
- Yoga three times per week. I was pretty consistent with this through April, often times doing yoga 5-6 times per week. That has dropped off considerably since I've started running (at the end of April). I do want to roll out my yoga mat more often, so this will be good motivation to do so. However, I also think it's good that I've picked up a new favorite sport—running! I've never been more fit in my life.
- Live simply. This is kind of a silly resolution because it's more of a life motto pertaining to simple living, minimalism, and happiness. However, I have to say that I live this every day.
- Go somewhere new (by plane, preferably). The only new place I've traveled to this year (so far) has been Columbus, Ohio. More about that...
- Get a job or get into grad school. I did both! I have a summer job at my alma mater, working as a project assistant for a department I worked for as a student. I also got into grad school at Ohio State and I have a paid internship lined up there as well.
- Read 50 books. I blew this resolution out of the water. I'm at something like 90 some-odd books right now!
How are you doing on your New Year's resolutions?